Join Now!

Community > Posts By > Belushi

Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Mon 06/23/08 08:52 AM
QUOTE:

No, sorry. You and JB have both now claimed to be incapable of abstract rational thought. I don't believe you. I believe you CHOOSE to not think about the subject. I won't conjecture as to why you refuse to do so.

possibly the reverse side of the coin here?
Could it be that you refuse to believe anything different from your religious beliefs?
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Mon 06/23/08 08:47 AM
Let us pick another story from the bible.

The parting of the Red Sea for Moses and his Red Sea pedestrians.

Isnt it coincidental that an enormous volcanic eruption destroyed the Minoan civilization of Crete.
Thira (Santorini) had its volcano erupt 1500 BCE. The resulting drop to 300m (1000ft) below sea level of the sea could have easily created a drop in the red sea near Suez (where they are purportedly supposed to have crossed)

Then the tidal wave that was the result of this volcanic eruption travelled at 150mph and cleaned Crete of its inhabitants.

So, while european man was wandering around going "ugh" and trying to invent fire and the wheel, the minoans had law and order, trade and some stunning pottery that can be seen if you dive around areas of Crete

Coinicidence that Moses happened to be in the right place at the right time?

Also coincidence that there were 10 plagues around egypt at the time?
Edited by Belushi on Mon 06/23/08 08:50 AM
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Mon 06/23/08 03:42 AM
QUOTE:

Deadly, see now thats the kind of lifestyle I'm looking for! Just as soon as my house and vehicles sell that is!!!!!!!! I am looking at being on the road for about 12 to 18 months if things go right. If I can swing it, I would liked to stay out longer but we shall see how it goes. What has been your favorite spot so far?

Different places invoke different emotions.

I have been diving all over the world, so that cant really count, but either camel safari's through the Sinai, or getting jailed in Malaysia, a 3 week tour of Laos & Cambodia on a motorbike (getting off and throwing myself into a flowing waterfall)

Sitting on my patio in Thailand drinking coffee with my best friend listening to The Doors, whilst the sea lapped the beach at our toes and the moon was a big yellow thing with no clouds.

... trading coconuts & abuse with the monkeys at 2am in the Malaysian jungle because the little shi1ts would not keep the noise down

... or just being in my familial & spiritual home in Amsterdam, where time does not exist.

Some witterings are here ... www.dunx.net/page3.php

I travel, because the world is too big not to.
Edited by Belushi on Mon 06/23/08 03:43 AM
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Mon 06/23/08 12:47 AM
QUOTE:

Who needs them to revoke it? Take us back already. We're sorry!

Nope ... you have to get Col Sanders to give up his recipe for KFC first!
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Mon 06/23/08 12:43 AM
QUOTE:

QUOTE:

Please dont talk about things you have no idea.

When I come across one of those things, I won't. Promise.

But you are trying to. You have no concept of the Middle East, or you would not be trying to explain away the right for Israelis to bomb innocents.

QUOTE:

QUOTE:

The israelis are the common trouble makers in the middle east.
Backed by the Americans and the British, they seek to destabilise the region.

I have seen photos of Israeli children writing "love" messages to the Lebanese on the sides of mortar shells. The Israelis are proud of these images.

Settlers in the West Bank are regularly targetted by Israelis. Making home made bombs and rockets, the Palestinians are sitting ducks

the israelis are arrogant enough to believe that they can take on the whole of the middle east (with the US) and win.

Otherwise why would they be practicing to invade Iran?
They know that the US has the military might to bully the Arabs into doing most things. Otherwise why would the Arabs be witholding the thing that the American's value most highly - oil!

Yep, that's pretty much the propaganda line.

Sorry, but when you are sitting in a white truck with a big red cross on the top and some israeli fighter pilot decides to use it as target practice, then you will have a right to have an opinion.
Until then, try reading outside of your blind ignorant faith articles and get into the real world. Try living here.

QUOTE:

The truth is far different. God will settle that score, I have no doubt of that. The US will elect a president without teeth and the world will try to have it's way with Israel. Maybe the time isn't right and they will destroy Israel.

Not sure about the teeth statement - dont know what you are getting at there, but I hope this doesnt happen.
Israelis are human beings, they do not deserve to be wiped out. but they also dont deserved to be glorified. They do themselves no favours by antagonising the majority of their neighbours.

QUOTE:

Or maybe they will find out that God is real and the Jews are his chosen people.

Hmmm ... lets not get into that old chestnut. You have your blind delusional beliefs, and I have mine, so lets leave that one.

QUOTE:

Either way, take my advice: Watch from the sidelines, because the game is going to be very rough.

For one, I cannot watch from the sidelines. I am here in the Middle East.
I experience the game every day.
I am one hour from the Israeli border.
I see the pompous strutting the Israelis do. I hear their dislike for anything non-Israeli.
They are not the nicest people in the world. Elitest and arrogant is normally the adjectives applied to most Israelis.
... and that comes from the Germans. (who have been know to touch on arrogance in the past)
Edited by Belushi on Mon 06/23/08 12:43 AM
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sun 06/22/08 11:10 PM
I think that is totally fair.

Especially numbers 16 & 17 ...

I shall be speaking to Lizzie later to see what she wants to do about all those aliens in Area 51.
Im sure we could use them as ambassadors to the Martians.
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sun 06/22/08 10:57 PM
QUOTE:

New York at 2AM can get pretty crazy man!

LMAO!!! Thats brilliant. I never thought of that. I would rather wrestle a shark for its lunch than walk through any of the major parks in London at 2am!!!
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sun 06/22/08 10:54 PM
This is a very old story ...
Where are you dragging these up from?
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sun 06/22/08 10:53 PM
In the ten commandments women are portrayed as being the property of their husband. In Exodus 20:17 it says "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's." Yes sir, the wife ranks right there with the ox and ass.

That's not all. Exodus 21:7-10 covers the rules of selling your daughter, her master making her marry him, and then her role if he wants more wives. I see the woman's view and feelings mattered quite a bit here.

Exodus 22:16-17 is a real good one. If a man sleeps with an unwed virgin, he must marry her. But if her father refuses to give her to the man, then the man must pay the "pay money according to the dowry of virgins"... is this crazy or what? I can see it now...

Man: Hi sir, I just shtooked your virgin daughter, and now must marry her.

Father: There is no way my little girl is marrying you, punk!

Man: Okay, well then here's the $5 I have to give you then.

Father: YAY!!!

It's not just women, female animals are not as good as male animals. It is male animals that are to be burned for offerings. (Leviticus 1:3, 1:10) When a king sins, and needs to make a sacrifice he has to use a male goat, but when any old commoner sins, they have to use a female goat. (Leviticus 4:23, 4:28)

Now back to the abuse of human females. This biased view isn't limited to adult women. Little girls, even from the day that they are born, are inferior to little boys. All of Leviticus chapter 12 is based on the purification of a woman after she has given birth. Get this... after a woman has given birth to a boy, she will be unclean for 7 days and must purify herself for 33 days. If she gives birth to a girl, she is unclean for 14 days and needs 66 days of purification. Go figure.

Leviticus also touches on the treatment of female slaves and their male masters. According to Leviticus 19:20-22, if a man rapes his female slave... the woman gets punished and the man's sins are forgiven.

Look for yourself, it's rather shameful.

Although the effrontery of the women questioning you anyway to speak!!!

Women are not allowed to talk in church, in fact the idea of them speaking in church is shameful. This is made very clear in 1 Corinthians 14:34-35. Women are to remain silent, and if they have any questions they are to ask their husbands at home after church.

So, dont forget to apply all those edicts when you become a christian husband!!

I wonder how long that marriage will last grumble
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sun 06/22/08 10:44 PM
QUOTE:

Why do you only accept scripture when it reflects negatively on Christianity and Judaism?

... and why do you ignore it and other things that show Christianity to be barbaric and brutal?
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sun 06/22/08 10:43 PM
QUOTE:

QUOTE:

QUOTE:

QUOTE:

glassesIve often wondered why Christians are silent on the genocide in Palestine and Gaza glasses

Because it's not happening, the whole thing is a lie. Watch Pallywood. Read about the history of how and why Israel was founded. Read about the fact that Palestinians fire rockets into Israel every day.
glassesI do know the history of the regionglasses

glassesI dont care what the excuse is, genocide is wrongglasses

It's not genocide, that's a lie. Watch Pallywood. The Israelis attack IN RESPONSE to attacks from the Palestinians.

Please dont talk about things you have no idea.

The israelis are the common trouble makers in the middle east.
Backed by the Americans and the British, they seek to destabilise the region.

I have seen photos of Israeli children writing "love" messages to the Lebanese on the sides of mortar shells. The Israelis are proud of these images.

Settlers in the West Bank are regularly targetted by Israelis. Making home made bombs and rockets, the Palestinians are sitting ducks

the israelis are arrogant enough to believe that they can take on the whole of the middle east (with the US) and win.

Otherwise why would they be practicing to invade Iran?
They know that the US has the military might to bully the Arabs into doing most things. Otherwise why would the Arabs be witholding the thing that the American's value most highly - oil!
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sat 06/21/08 09:39 PM
The fact that the British legal system was used as a basis to form the US legal system means that of course both of our systems have "Innocent until proven guilty" at their core.

Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sat 06/21/08 09:28 PM
QUOTE:

QUOTE:

QUOTE:

QUOTE:

I'm sorry but if the bible could only be interrpreted one way, there would only be one religion flowerforyou

Originally there was only one Christian Religion!

There was a time when the Catholic Church did not consider women to be human.

I don't know about you, but I'm glad things changed.

JB

What Chatholic church did you attend!laughlaughlaugh

The Virgin Mary has always been held in high regard as have all women!

Why can they not become priests then?
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sat 06/21/08 09:19 PM
QUOTE:

Says who? In the British court you are guilty until proven innocent. This is the same in many courts throughout the world. Why are these people innocent until proven guilty? These people aren't US citizens, they don't have the rights of a US citizen either. Their home country don't want them either.

WHAT THE FCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

That is a complete crock of cr4p!!!

The British legal system has at its foundation, the innocent until proven guilty, ethos.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and until you do some googling, I would suggest you keep your fingers together and pray for some sort of freedom from your ignorance.
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sat 06/21/08 10:01 AM
QUOTE:

Thanks...for helping me grab back my glory glow. wink

Is that the one after the glory orgasm?
Edited by Belushi on Sat 06/21/08 10:01 AM
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sat 06/21/08 09:58 AM
I thought this thread was about animal doctors ... laugh
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Sat 06/21/08 03:53 AM
Come to the Sinai!!!
Learn to scuba dive
Ride a camel through the Sinai with Bedouins
Snorkel with dolphins
Dive with sharks & rays
Climb Mount Sinai and eat enough mind altering plant life to experience God and get given two lumps of stone that have lots of scribbley writing on.

I could go on, but then I would get sarcastic.

This is brought to you by the "I love the Middle East" appreciation society ...

But if you really want to do something dangerous ... ;-)
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Fri 06/20/08 08:44 PM
QUOTE:

QUOTE:

I havent stopped travelling and I meet new people every day.

Today I met an American and a German who work in Suez as engineers. On a 3-day break.
They live in Germany and come to Egypt three or four months at a time.

Cool guys. Going to be diving with them tomorrow before they head off to St Katherine's monastery to do the 5am sunrise thing

Cool, how long have you been on the road for?

Since I was 18, so about 23 years!
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Fri 06/20/08 08:42 PM
Did shark feeding safaris in Burma when I worked as a diving instructor in Thailand.

Nice big 3metre long sharks with razor sharp teeth taking lumps of tuna out of my hand ... enough to get the heart pumping.

The Burmese navy used to stop us and take half our food sometimes.
Sort of focusses the mind about life, death and the fluff in your belly button when a naval gunship "requests" to come alongside for a "chat"

Dangerous animals needing feeding, and then the sharks too laugh
Edited by Belushi on Fri 06/20/08 08:43 PM
Belushi
128148_8320_thumb
Joined Sat 04/07/07
Fri 06/20/08 08:35 PM
QUOTE:

Perhaps a even better question. Does the bible teach tolerance to other religious belief systems? I mean is there a phrase in this book that says "One who doesn't believe is still loved and accepted in Gods hands and can still live in eternal happiness when you pass away?"

The Bible doesnt teach tolerance at all.
On the contrary. It is a book that inspires sexual harassment, child murder, rape and slavery.

It condones mass murder and is racially intolerant.

If it was written today, it would be outlawed.